To provide global services towards Clean environment, Clean, body and Clean Mind
Vertical garden unit
Lead Applicant Organization Name
Kshithee Dimensions LLP
Lead Applicant Organization Type
Website of Legally Registered Entity
How long have you / your team been working on this Vision?
Lead Applicant: In what city or town are you located?
Lead Applicant: In what country are you located?
Your Selected Place: what’s the name of the Place you’re developing a Vision for?
What country is your selected Place located in?
Describe your relationship to the place you’ve selected.
Notional Country, Citizen of India
Describe the People and Place: Provide information that would be helpful for an outsider who has never been there and may have no context about this Place to better understand the area.
63.8 million people
State of farmers
Bangalore alone generates 5000 tonnes of MSW everyday
What is the estimated population (current 2020) in your Place?
Challenges: Describe the current (2020) and the future (2050) challenges that your food system faces.
Loss of 40% produce during transportation.
More than 70% of farming land is either acidic or alkaline. That's because of extensive chemical fertilizer and insecticide usage.
Food miles per plate is on an average of 237 miles.
More than 1/3rd of GHG's emissions are due to agriculture and transport of produce.
Estimating a population of 14 million by 2021 in Bangalore, 62% of the household in the upper end segment prefer organic products.
India produces Rs. 4000 crore worth of organic food to grow at a rate of 25% in 2016 - 2021, while the global smart farming market is expected to reach $12 billion by 2021.
Address the Challenges: Describe how your Vision will address the challenges described in the previous question.
GeenMagic is a for profit social enterprise that creates wellness and value out of waste through a digital platform that caters services for composting, naturally grown food based on permaculture principles and yoga. We at GeenMagic believe in creating a responsible and reliable food culture eliminating the concept of 'waste'. We aim to do this by enabling oneself to be equipped with awareness, solution and support.
By means of monthly subscription plans, we provide, home delivery of chemical-free greens and vegetables along with decentralized composting services to individuals and communities. Conducting frequent awareness campaigns and programs to encourage and motivate every citizen to take a step towards Clean Environment through Composting, Clean Body through Chemical-Free food and Clean Mind through Yoga.
Providing a decentralized solution to food waste acts as a backward integration to address the need of chemical free food being made available and affordable.
Supporting this on the ground level, we have inculcated yoga to build awareness among students, women and working individuals
High Level Vision: With these challenges addressed, now provide a high level description of how the Place and the lives of its People will be different than they are now.
The vision being Clean body, Clean mind and Clean environment:
1. We aim to reduce hunger by making nutritious food affordable and locally available and affordable standardising the prices and negating the differences w.r.t organic and inorganic.
2. Through Yoga and organic marketing, we will build communities based on CLEAN initiatives that will enable each other as individuals to channel the thought process and actions, to be productive with a wholistic approach.
3. Avoid 120 tonnes of food waste going to landfills every month, by end of 2022.
4. 4000 families being able to consume chemical free food, will bring in a direct impact on their physical health which is inclined towards the vision of Clean Body
5. Through organic marketing, spreading awareness about the existing solutions, to bring in positive impact on the combined perception to take initiatives brings an impact on Clean mind.
6. Address 60% of the MSW at the source, making a direct pathway towards Clean environment.
Full Vision: How do you describe your Vision for a regenerative and nourishing food future for your Place and People for 2050?
No such thing called "Food Waste".
Humusponics - Natural farming with the base of fertile humus
Standard price for greens and vegetables
Farmers agenda - Nutrition and value, not selling the produce
Every family buys directly from farmer
Self sustaining communities
Food forests for a thriving ecosystem
How did you hear about the Food System Vision Prize?