Agroecological intensification available for popular consumers
Agroecological production is sold in popular markets, where sensitized consumers know the importance of consuming, differentiate&demand them
Lead Applicant Organization Name
AGRECOL ANDES FOUNDATION
Lead Applicant Organization Type
Small NGO (under 50 employees)
Website of Legally Registered Entity
How long have you / your team been working on this Vision?
Lead Applicant: In what city or town are you located?
Lead Applicant: In what country are you located?
Your Selected Place: what’s the name of the Place you’re developing a Vision for?
Cochabamba has an area of 55.631 km²
What country is your selected Place located in?
Describe your relationship to the place you’ve selected.
Our NGO works in Cochabamba since it`s foundation almost 20 years ago.
Describe the People and Place: Provide information that would be helpful for an outsider who has never been there and may have no context about this Place to better understand the area.
The feel of the Place (e.g., who are the inhabitants, transitions that are impacting the community, traditions)
- The food People eat (tastes, flavors, and smells)
- The climate and topography
- The social dynamics, cultural traditions, language, and ethnic diversity
- The unique cultural trends
- The urban/rural breakdown
- The role of agriculture, farming and aquaculture, and dominant crops
- What are the hopes of the People here?
- The effect of diets on the health of the population
What is the estimated population (current 2020) in your Place?
Challenges: Describe the current (2020) and the future (2050) challenges that your food system faces.
Environment, Diets, Economics, Culture, Technology, and Policy
Address the Challenges: Describe how your Vision will address the challenges described in the previous question.
we encourage families to produce agroecological
High Level Vision: With these challenges addressed, now provide a high level description of how the Place and the lives of its People will be different than they are now.
ufff Cochabamba will be the example of ecological production in the rural and urban area
Full Vision: How do you describe your Vision for a regenerative and nourishing food future for your Place and People for 2050?
Explain how your Vision addresses the six interconnected themes: Environment, Diets, Economics, Culture, Technology, and Policy.
- Be informed by the People engaged with the food and agriculture in your Place
- Address the Challenges facing the Food System you’ve selected
- Align with the Evaluation Criteria (Systems Focused Approach, Transformative Potential, Community Rooted, Inspirational)
How did you hear about the Food System Vision Prize?