Who is your idea designed for and how does it reimagine the end-of-life experience?
This pilot will test run an overarching platform, made available to family members of age related cognitive impairment /dementia and Alzheimer's.
The focus will be the city of Bangalore, India. The expectation is that a proven solution can then be franchised to address this growing societal need in India.
The solution, a knowledge repository, starts with standardised initial diagnosis, followed by a family/patient Counselling, options for care and online links to relevant services/supplies.
this link provides version 0 Of the Business Model Canvas.
What early, lightweight experiment might you try out in your own community to find out if the idea will meet your expectations?
The Mobile App will enable recruitment of 10 families with varying nature of elder care needs specific to those identified within the scope of this pilot; administer a protocol driven diagnosis using global best practice, selected by the Bangalore chapter of the caregiver professional network like ARDSI (Alzheimer's and related disorders society of India), counsel based on outcome, advise care solution options including facilitation of preferred home care.
Collect feedback to process & system.
What skills, input or guidance from the OpenIDEO community would be most helpful in building out or refining your idea?
1. Better informed Human centric design facilitation to create test set up.
2. Volunteers to build MVP for lightweight experiment or trial use of a suitable platform already available.
3. Validation of the Business Model canvas above.
4. Ongoing support of experienced practitioners.
5. Communication to OpenIdeo network of like minded individuals who can contribute/ participate.
6. Links to global best practices in this field and introduction to experts in other countries.
7. Top up Grant.
Tell us about your work experience:
Team members relevant experience, Key backgrounds are highlighted.
1. Global Mental Health Services & Research
2. Incubation of Social Enterprise and business management.
3. Retired Naval Officer
4. Advisers in Geriatric Psychiatry.
5. Caregiving personal experience (re: Inspiration below)