SafeBeyond is a a personalized digital vaults platform (Update 7/17/2016) that lets people have the last word on how they want to be remembered, and to be there for their loved ones in the future, even after their passing.
With SafeBeyond people can save and securely store their meaningful moments and fond memories by creating personalized video, audio, or text messages for loved ones and decide when and where those messages will be shared with them.
SafeBeyond is also a great way to store and share digital copies of a family's most important information so that they will be easily accessible when they are needed most.
SafeBeyond users gain peace of mind by knowing that their precious memories, personalized messages, and online credentials, such as usernames and passwords, are safe, secure and accessible. Recipients are comforted and have their burden eased by ongoing loving communication and easy access to important documents from deceased loved ones when they are needed most. The choice of whether or not to access messages remains in the control of recipients. The platform sends them an email that a message awaits them with a clickable link to the content, so they can access it if and when they wish (Updated 08/08/2016).
Additionally, SafeBeyond provides family members with a useful tool to enrich their relationship and interaction with dying loved ones by enabling a meaningful, creative process together, with the added value of a tangible output of personalized future messages to other family members including children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.
Refinement Stage Inputs (Updated 07/31/2016)
Unanswered Key questions
- How to overcome obstacles to engagement?
- What tools can help users more easily create personalized messages?
- How can we encourage them to create their network of the key people in their lives?
- How can we identify the personal meaningful triggers (such as birthdays, family events, etc) around which users will want to create future messages for loved ones?
- How to best reach target audiences?
- What are the moments in life when people are most ready to think about a future without them and what they might want to say to their loved ones then?
- How do we achieve the right product positioning where the subject is meaningful not morbid? Fun not trivialized?
- What are the barriers to people thinking about their mortality?
- Possible prototype responses -
- SafeBeyond as a Life Review tool - practical next steps - establish partnerships with a home care, a senior center and a hospice to test pilots in community group setting vs individual home setting at different points on the continuum of end-of-life. Track family member engagement and ages of participants and gather ongoing feedback in an iterative manner to further optimize introduction and use of SafeBeyond.
- Offering SafeBeyond "create a legacy workshops" for hospitals, outpatient clinics, and community centers so people can be guided through various approaches and supported in actually activating an account. This could be timed around a particular holiday or memorial event of significance which would resonate with the date chosen to hold an event. (e.g National healthcare Decisions Day, Dia de los Muertos)