FRUIT CART CHAIN FOR DISABLED VENDORS.
The Orchard Garden aims to use fruit vending chain to address the number of disabled beggars scattered in Dar es Salaam city, Tanzania.
An able city fruit vendor with an informal business model that does not support him and his family out of poverty. Formalization of the business by THE ORCHARD GARDEN will enable the involvement of disabled adults in the community, thus assisting them to attain a good sustainable and healthy life style.
Dar es Salaam has a number of physically disabled adults, who lack both formal education and training that renders them unable to support themselves.
Carts are going to be modeled to enable disabled mobile vendors and also stationary vendors.
What problem does your idea solve?
The city is littered with disabled adults who think charity is a means of survival. This brings so much burden to the society and also a backward mentality that hinders economic development of the country as a whole. We also have a number of informal fruit vendors in our streets but with a lack of support and a formal working business model, most incur loss and will never realize growth in their businesses.
Provide work and education for disabled individuals.
Explain your idea
FRUIT VENDING CHAIN COMPANY.
Product flow in the market.
Incentives from Company to vendor.
The Orchard Garden is a start-up business that will be selling fresh fruits and fresh fruit products in Dar es Salaam city.
Fruits will be obtained directly from farms or farmers markets. Then distributed to vendors ( PHYSICAL DISABLED), who will sell them, including other fresh fruit products. The unsold fruits will then be returned to the warehouse for processes like drying and sweetening then returned to the market. The gross profit obtained from the sells will then be distributed among the company and particular vendor.
Education will also be provided to the vendors and every other worker in the company, to enable them to build their lives.
With a rapidly developing consumer brand and growing customer base that will be encouraged to live a healthy lifestyle in addition to Innovation System of vending and quality products the company will also provide home delivery fresh fruits, fresh fruits gift packages, Street vending carts and indoor spaces vending machines.
1) Physically Disabled individuals above 18 years old in Dar es Salaam and later as the Business grows to other African Cities.
2) Families of the disabled vendors.
3) Customers in cities who value clean products, at convenient places and time.
4) Community as we promote environmental cleanliness. For every station to be established, The Orchard Garden will work to facilitate the improvement of the cleanliness of the neighboring area (30 meter radius).
How is your idea unique?
1) Enables all vendors working in the Company to establish their lives by providing initial support and education. Establishing in them a sense of INDEPENDENCE and SELF-RELIANCE.
2) Excellent services to the community with Clean and fresh fruits and a clean work environment.
3) Elimination of the loss of fruits through decay by natural food processes of drying and sweetening, bringing about another products in the market.
Tell us more about you
My name is Emmayana Auguli a graduate of Landscape Architecture from Ardhi University, with a startup social enterprise called THE ORCHARD GARDEN. I am currently working with street vendors to identify their problems, provide solutions and provide education. The business is based in Dar es Salaam. I am looking for collaborators and this is the company I am building and wholly devoted to.
What are some of your unanswered questions about the idea?
1) Can I make profit by also including lower middle class individuals as my customers?
2) Is partnership a good idea for a social enterprise (I don't have a partner to work with)?
Where will your idea be implemented?
Experience in Implementation Country(ies)
Expertise in Sector
I've not yet worked in a sector related to my idea but am excited to learn more.
We are a registered for-profit company (including social enterprises).
Research & Early Testing: I am exploring my idea, gathering the inspiration and information I need to test it.