Just give a camera to your children.
The photographs which children take will be automatically sent to “Imagination Map", application which I will create. The app will also provide children with various interesting games: linking photographs with each other, re-organising and making a new storyline and so on. The other function of this app is a children’s social networking service. They can share with each other their imaginative idea, such as created stories or imagination maps on this platform.
This “Imagination Map” application idea comes from user diary research method and the photographs which children themselves take. In addition, coming across a dissertation by Johanna Einarsdottir, I realised that understanding children’s perspectives can open up a new world and motivate children’s creativities.
1. How many pictures do children take in a day?
2. What kind of pictures?
[Second stage-activities with photographs]
1. Story telling game
- Making the photos different sizes
- Naming each photo
- Connecting the photos in a map
- Making a story by text, voice or movie
2. Painting based on your daily photographs
3. Making a music video
[Third stage-Social Network]
1. The outcomes of activities can be automatically shared on this platform.
2. Starring and leaving comments on the shared outcomes of activities.