Confidence is built within us, but sometimes a guiding hand helps us build it faster.
Why not partner high school students with neighboring elementary school students on weekend “Skill-share Saturdays?”
• High school students gain creative confidence through teaching.
• Elementary school students gain creative exposure and a mentorship they can treasure.
• The community benefits from the newly fostered relationships and new creativity fostered.
• Relatively inexpensive, as it relies on each other’s talents and interests and requires no major infrastructures to be built. Especially if community parks can be permitted!
• Does require some materials costs (crafts and food) and supervision (which is kind of a benefit as well! Increased involvement!)
We can provide youth with the canvas they need to express themselves creatively, and support self-improvement that they create themselves!