Since the emergence of COVID-19 in Kenya , many businesses run collaboratively or individually by vulnerable women in Nairobi urban informal settlements have collapsed , defaulted loans, registered with CRB ,facing enormous interest rates due to defaulted loans leading to their families sleeping hungry due to loss of livelihoods opportunities. Already cases of suicide ,depression has been reported and many of the vulnerable women are finding it hand to survive during the pandemic and the post COVID-19 shock will be worse. STAMP CLEANTECH ltd through partnership with Royal Great Widows and orphans foundation has currently increased delivery of business and emotional support through web-based platforms ( Taro works and sales-force) and where opportunities allow for limited face to face interaction have established communities of care through Community health workers to enable the women talk to a neighbor or colleagues for both business and emotional support. The intervention is two prolonged as follows
SCREAMIT OUT :- This has been currently on virtual platform and intentions to have a toll free call line through partnerships is being pursued to allow the vulnerable women to experience
- Virtual business grieving which is anonymous, where the women are able to say difficult things without being judged by anyone through anautomated chat-bot
- Professional business coaches and counselors offering tips on livelihoods and business survival life-skills, trauma counseling and psycho-social support through observing queries coming in on SCREAM IT OUT platform and creating virtual answers..
- Family space to have fun, document the journey through creating a virtual challenge with an animated dummy that enables creation of localized solutions by individuals and families.
COMMUNITY OF CARE THAT INVOLVES COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKERS AS FRONTLINE'S
- Trainers on SCREAM IT OUT chatbot to the affected vulnerable women
- Monitoring impact of covid-19 within their community and particularly on vulnerable women livelihoods , identify localized solutions and link the women for quick interventions.
- The CHV collect data through Taroworks and sync into the support systems
- Teaching women and children on how to make masks and sanitizers ,marketing the same among the local communities and other vulnerable women at an affordable cost as an alternative livelihood venture.
- Since they are locally based and leave within the vicinity of the vulnerable women and themselves also being part of the vulnerable group offer coordinated psycho-social support in critical situations
- Linkage with Health service provider, CSOs and religious institutions for further assistance.
- Peer to peer support with another or other women going through the same and how they are navigating the current COVID-19 shocks on livelihoods and emotional health and building post covid peer support systems