The world has not yet announced a cure or vaccine for COVID-19 yet. This has opened a room for many informal medical discoveries.
In Tanzania, and in many other places of the world people are now and then innovating different local medicines and alternative therapies to overcome the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our solution is to conduct a scientific research on the local herbs and substances available in Tanzania and come up with standardized self-treatment guideline;
- To collect information from all Tanzanian alternative clinics and traditions regarding the herbs that are traditionally used to heal COVID-19 related diseases
- To collect information about the usage recommendations of the above two medications
- To collect any healing and/or killing testimonies for the medications with respective timeline
- Collecting all medicinal herbs and product samples
- To create the database for these medications
- Sending the samples to Tanzania Food and Drug Authority to at least test whether they contain any toxins and portray their chemical composition.
- Inform the Ministry of Health for considering recommending some (if any), and strictly prohibiting some (the harmful ones, if any).
- Provide the feedback to stakeholders – including respondents who shared their local medical samples
- Creating collection centers of the recommended local medicines for making them available for public consumption on demand.
Data will be collected remotely through mobile phones by interviewing different people in Tanzania who are known to treat people with traditional herbs. They are more than 30 in Tanzania. Samples of their treatment substances will be collected at cost (bought) and submitted to the Tanzania Foods and Drugs Authority (TFDA), Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS) and the Government Chemist Laboratory Authority (GCLA) will be consulted about the possible effects of the submitted effects on humans. The results and recommendations will be shared with the public.