The idea was born observing the problems of our friend Tiziana. She has small shop in Rome, a bio perfumery that must re-open after the lockdown.
Here's how our idea works.
1. The shopkeeper subscribes to the service and has the possibility to create an account via web/app on the platform that will allow to enter the messages and information that the beacon will send. The shopkeeper physically receives Saffy, the already profiled beacon that it will place inside the shop, the shopkeeper will also receive a sticker to stick outside the shop.
2. Customers are invited to download the Saffy app and activate bluetooth on the sticker. The customer will read that Saffy is a real-time information system about when and how sanitization took place inside the shop.
3. Every time the shopkeeper sanitizes the shop, a button on the app will record the action, the tapping of the shopkeeper sends an automatic message to the beacon that, via bluetooth, notifies the customer when come into the shop.
Advantage: this technology has the advantage of not being expensive for small shops and not being invasive for customer privacy. In this moment so economically difficult the choice of this technology is important for the following reasons:
- Low impact on battery life
- The devices automatically turn on when they approach a beacon
- No internet connection is required and data store locally, on the device
- Low costs.
Another key advantage is that Saffy is a reuse-oriented sustainable service: once the emergency will be over, Saffy may continue to be useful, the shopkeeper will use it for other purposes: to inform customers about products, ingredients, offers or discounts.
Plus: In the future after the pandemi will be over the shopkeeper might give back the X-shaped beacon to obtain another with a new shape and new messages to convey. In short, something that represents the end of the emergency and a rebirth for your business.
About Saffy: we choose the name Saffy because we would evocate a friendly, simple service that allow to get through the drama of Covid19 experience. The photos represent how might work Saffy in a real shop of our friend Tiziana.