Most cities of the world are not as developed as Singapore – but city administrators and citizens surely aspire such modern living. That’s something Singapore government can help them with.
On the flip side, it is likely to find more social bond in yet to be developed or developing cities – perhaps just because of simplicities in life:
- less mechanical and busy life
- more time to spend with friends and family
- small neighborhoods more interactions
There might be much to learn from this – for city administrators of modern cities like Singapore.
How to learn:
Why not try out the Yogi Berra approach: "You can observe a lot just by watching.", how to watch? Why not do ‘deep hanging out’ as exemplified by Bronisław Malinowski, a 20th-century anthropologist’ and figure out:
- The social and moral values
- Activities that cause stronger bonding
- Thinking patterns of the citizens
- Similarities and differences of such societies with Singaporeans
How to get benefit for Singapore citizens:
Whatever the government learns from the other cities – can share with the Singaporeans.
Along the way, will need to find what the Singaporeans want as well. All in while making sure - fun, well-being and betterment is in the core of it all.