As part of our effort to design Accelerate, our new program for climate innovation, OpenIDEO has spent the last few months working to understand how we can best support creative approaches to tackling climate change. We reached out broadly and listened to government officials, foundations, entrepreneurs, investors, NGOs, students, teachers, and designers.
And what we heard, time and again, was the need for storytelling.
All over the world, people are dedicating their lives to tackling climate change in creative ways. They are building new technology, exploring new business models and creating new ways to reduce our footprint. It’s time to celebrate their pioneering leadership and support their efforts. It’s time to share their stories on a global stage and build connections that can accelerate impact.
These stories can offer inspiration. They can teach us how to take action in our own communities. They can raise awareness and connect us to climate innovators who are already making a difference. Climate change is a global problem and everyone, everywhere, can be a part of the solution. Together, we can accomplish much more than we can as individuals.
- In the Stories phase, share a climate innovation or innovator building a more sustainable world. We especially want to support early-stage ventures and leaders using creative approaches to tackle climate change.
- In our Storytellers phase, we are inviting storytellers to tell us their story. We are building a community of storytellers who are using the power of story to shape a global discussion around climate change, support climate innovators and inspire people to act.
We are excited to announce our Climate Fellowships for both Innovators and Storytellers, launching after the Climate Stories Challenge. In order to qualify for either fellowship, you must contribute a post to this challenge – so make certain to do so before the upcoming deadlines!
Join us as we reimagine a more sustainable future, together.
Wondering what types of stories will have the greatest potential for impact? Stories that:
- Make It Personal – Build empathy by speaking directly with innovators and communities. Feature the people behind the technology.
- Inspire Action – We’re eager to inspire action and engage the global community to make a difference.
- Make It Visual – Video, photos, drawings, you name it. Visuals allow us to quickly understand and connect.
- Invite Others – If there are ways our global community can help your effort, include clear asks in your submission.
We can't wait to see you in the challenge!