We made an empathy chart/booklet based on some of the amazing resources from the OpenIDEO team! Feel free to download it!
This is Keisha!
She's from Dearborn, MI and has two kids. We met her at a boutique in Detroit.
SAY: (Quotes & defining words)
"Pay for a bottle of plastic, not what's in it" (the majority of the cost is in the bottle)
" Trying to leave a small footprint"
DO: (Gestures & facial expressions)
- Smiled, proud of some of the things she was doing like composting and leaving a positive legacy for her kids to be more "green"
- Worried when I asked about her use of small format plastics
- Smiled when I asked to take her picture haha
THINK: (Beliefs, values & goals)
- She composts, always looking to be more natural.
- CARES about trying to be environmentally friendly through everything she does
- She makes her own shampoo and soap
- Uses fabric/reusable grocery bags
FEEL: (Emotions positive or negative)
- She's already VERY environmentally conscious, but the more I asked her about small format plastic, the more ashamed she was of some of her habits, you could see it in her facial expressions.
- Happy when talking about her kids, talking about the practices she's teaching them to be more "green"
OBSERVATIONS: (Uses, thoughts & problems)
- Inference: She does almost everything she can, but sometimes can't control things when the systems are in place. Dearborn/Detroit isn't known for having recycling systems or environmentally sustainable people, yet she's doing things every day.
- She really cared about her children knowing about the practices of going green
NEEDS: (What need is the small format plastic meeting?)
- An immediate and quick use, usually when traveling or on the go and there isn't another option. (Food packets or small shampoo sachet samples)