The ‘Waste-Smart’ Network celebrates the circular economy by "making, disposing and taking” better, collectively.
It deconstructs the journey of plastics from products to people to create a better alignment with both business and user needs, while greatly reducing plastic waste.
It is a comprehensive Plastics Management and Advisory Service which integrates the supply chain, users and recyclers by combining an on-line application and an on-ground collection-cum-delivery mechanism.
The ‘Waste-Smart’ Network provides professional as well as personalised guidance. It allows individuals and communities to consult with a diverse group of plastics and related waste experts to reduce their plastic footprint, at the same time participate in managing unrecyclable plastics more effectively.
The network would aim for creation of economic capital through more job opportunities and optimising investment into plastic technologies; preservation of natural capital by reducing environmental impact of other industries which can utilise the unrecyclable waste; and generation of social capital by inspiring individual and collective participation in addressing the small-format waste challenges.
The ‘Waste-Smart’ Network would be built on three pillars to achieve the desirable impact
- SIMPLIFY by Reducing complexity
- ENGAGE by Generating involvement
- CONNECT by Encouraging interaction
Pillar 1: SIMPLIFY
- The service would enable standardise plastic materials for small formats to reduce complexity for the Supply Chain and Recyclers
- For Users, the service would make identification of plastic type and waste sorting between recyclable and unrecyclable plastics easier
- The collection system would help extract a significant amount of small-format/ unrecyclable packaging out of Recycler input
Pillar 2: ENGAGE
- The service would improve knowledge of plastics diversity and possibilities for various sectors of the Supply Chain and for Recyclers
- For Users, the service would create consciousness for recyclability, encourage reducing small format usage and improve perceptible value of post-use packs
Pillar 3: CONNECT
- By improving knowledge of the post-sale cycle and enabling modification of non-recyclable waste, the service will connect the Supply Chain with both Users and Recyclers
- Users would be motivated to participate and be responsible with their plastics waste individually
- The service would also create post-usage awareness and improve perceptible value of post-use packs for All stakeholders
- Information of all Plastic types and sub-types in circulation with positive and negative effects on environment and human health (for All)
- User-friendly coding for ease of plastic type identification (for All)
- Options for reducing non-recyclable plastic usage (for Supply Chain and Users)
- Localized Information for collected unrecyclable plastic (for extended Supply Chain)
- Standardization of Plastic Materials (for Supply Chain and Recyclers)
- Database linking with Packaging QR Codes and Analytics for tracking packs after sale (for Supply Chain and FMCG Brands)
- Checklist for Plastic Usage (Users)
- Subscription-based Articles and Webinars with references on Recyclability Efforts and Global Trends (for All)
- Views and Posts on Recycle experiences (mainly Users)
- Campaigns to build User participation
- Connects user communities with local collection agencies (mainly Users)
- Allocated drop off locations
- Transport and Delivery
- Collected material Auctions for bidding industries (Extended Supply Chain)
- Live updates with Analytics on Waste reduction aspects and achievements
- Q&A Forums connecting users with supply chain, recyclers and environmental experts (for All)
- Post collection Tracking (mainly Users)
- Featured Posts (mainly Users)
- Cashbacks for future purchases and new recruits in Network (mainly Users)
- Donations to local collection agencies from Auctions
- Appreciation for local collection agencies