When purchasing products online I was frustrated with the size or boxes that products were being shipped in and the amount of secondary packaging used to protect these products.
On each occasion due to the cumbersome size and volume of packaging I was forced to dispose of it without reusing it. I also noticed the amount of packaging varied from product to product, some products arrived broken due to having insufficient packaging/poor packing and others had excessive amounts of packaging.
I started to explore alternatives to this. I set out to solve the following question: "What is the most minimalistic way of packaging these products whilst ensuring the products are packed correctly every time?"
After much development and testing I came up with SpringBox which:
- - Requires no extra secondary packaging
- - Ensures objects are packed almost identically time and time again leading to no variation in quality of packing.
- Can be reused time and time again.
- Is the fastest packing fully protecting cardboard box in the world.
- Can accommodate almost any shaped object.
- Is fully recyclable.
- Has scope to be fully biodegradeable.
- Is cost effective due to reduced packing times.
- Little on cost in terms of value of materials.
- Reduces the number of breakages and so not only reduces incurred costs but also prevents damage of brand image.