From their website - "Omidyar Network was founded on the fundamental belief that every person has the power to make a difference. We create opportunity for people to realize that power and improve the quality of their lives. When people take the initiative to make life better for themselves, they can share the benefits with their families, become more active in their communities, and be a more positive force in society." More.
Five years after the term ‘impact investing’ was coined, Omidyar Network has developed a series of six articles that highlight key issues and opportunities for the industry. Presented in partnership with Stanford Social Innovation Review, check out the online series, “Priming the Pump for Impact Investing”
Investment areas from their website:
- "Consumer Internet & Mobile - enabling people to connect with others, make more informed decisions, access products and services efficiently, express themselves, and take action on what matters to them
- Entrepreneurship - investing in high-growth entrepreneurs that provide low-cost products and services to underserved populations and spur economic growth
- Financial Inclusion - extending access to high-quality, affordable financial services to the poor
- Government Transparency - encouraging accountability and effectiveness of government by increasing people’s access to credible information about government activities and money in politics
- Property Rights - fostering economic security, identity, and wealth creation by helping people establish, formalize, and leverage property rights"
Please take a look and add your thoughts.