CCO: Chief Caring Officer
The Chief Caring Officer (CCO) champions the cause and benefits of empathy to both employees and customers of every corporate enterprise.
The Chief Caring Officer (CCO) champions the cause and benefits of empathy to both employees and customers of a corporate enterprise. The CCO is the conscience of the company with effective powers to make things happen to prove true care. The CCO also deploys their empathetic perspective to identify emergent grassroots innovations having radical consequences for the future direction of the company. Preferably, The CCO is also the CEO!
The CCO Manifesto
1. The Chief Caring Officer (CCO) is responsible for truly caring about the people employed and served by the company who appoints him/her.
2. The CCO has full freedom of action to survey every aspect of the company's functioning and interactions at all levels.
3. The CCO provides periodic actionable recommendations that emerge from their empathetic immersion with company employees and customers.
4. The CCO will also make product and service innovation recommendations based on their front-line perspective.
5. The CCO is obliged to resign if they feel that their recommendations are not being acted upon. They will outline their reasons for doing so in a public letter.
Join the LinkedIn CCO group (coming soon!)
How does your concept celebrate, identify or inspire for-profit businesses that act as agents of world benefit?
Apple could appoint a CCO to help improve working conditions for the children in Congo who mine cobalt for cell phone batteries. The company would also benefit from emergent empathetic perspectives from the field that might trigger new and innovative products and services.
How will your concept help us create or leverage stories of world benefit that are sticky and shareable?
By bringing the complete production chain into public awareness and demonstrating the innovation advantage of deploying empathy.
What will it take to scale your concept so that its reach is global and widespread?
Every company worth it's salt should appoint a CCO asap! Join the global CCO LinkedIn group to spread the action:)