Ideas in this category may touch on leveraging cross-sector influencers, supporting and connecting CSOs and ultimately enabling policy. Some approach examples include:
- Mobilizing parliamentarians, pediatricians, key influencers and media as well as traditional and religious leaders to advocate for immunization and help generate demand, as well as influencing national decisions about prioritization and adequate resourcing
- Working with CSOs to help increase community engagement as well as advocating for immunization in the social and political spheres
- Ensure that policies designed to increase uptake are ‘community friendly’ and rights-based
Some successful examples already noted in the field:
- Undertaking targeted evidence based and systematic community building at national and local levels to engage parliamentarians, traditional, religious and other civil society leaders to facilitate social acceptance, political prioritization as well as adequate resourcing of immunization
- Working with CSOs to advocate for immunization in the social and political spheres.