Introducing the 2018 BridgeBuilder Challenge Top Ideas!
After reviewing more than 675+ submissions over the course of the past six months, we have selected five Top Ideas that we believe are addressing important and urgent global challenges intersecting peace, prosperity and planet in radically new ways.
- TIMBY (This is My Backyard) TIMBY provides the indigenous Sengwer community with reporting tools to safely document evictions and work towards a peaceful resolution.
- My Choices Foundation My Choices Foundation, through their Operation PeaceMaker program, seeks to give women and girls choices to live lives free from abuse, violence, and exploitation.
- Producer's Direct Producer's Direct, through their Youth Direct program, offers Kenyan youth an opportunity to lead a pioneering agrienterprise, drive collaboration with farmers and change power structures in food value chains.
- War Child Canada War Child Canada helps youth in South Sudan map peaceful pathways to prosperity by addressing root drivers of conflict and providing economic opportunity.
- Found in Translation Found in Translation trains low-income bilingual women as professional medical interpreters and connecting them to jobs that demand their skills.
These Top Ideas reflect the collective momentum of this community—over 6,000 comments, and over 1,850 Challenge participants from over 195 countries around the world—who came together to build bridges between people, issues and systems.
Help keep this momentum going by clicking on the links below to learn more about each Top Idea, and leave a comment to congratulate them!