ZYBA DISC for Digital ID, Financial Inclusion with Vulnerability Score for Social Lending and Asset Security.
Decentralised Identity & Smart Contracts
Explain your project idea (2,000 characters)
Refugees, Vulnerable and people below the poverty line need more alternative financial models for them to sustain. For this objective to be achieved one needs to be Identified, assessed considering the cross-border refugees, internal displaced people due to conflicts and low income families.
* As Most of the humanitarian agencies , Government Institutions as well as donor communities have their own modalities of Identifying and assisting these needy there is still lack of transparency, reachability and accountability which makes it harder for vulnerable to receive any Financial services as well as secure identification & asset guarantee.
How Does ZYBA-DISC Addresses this challenge : ZYBA DISC works on 3 major components
Disc ID : To streamline Identification for individual as a DigitalID with or Without BIOmetrics making it easier for cross-border and with open standards making it available for various Financial Institutions, NGOs, Government Agencies. (with Blockchain Tokenisation and/or with BIOmetrics)
Disc Contract: DiscContract is protecting contracts / assets of beneficiaries from all sectors for e.g.
1. A farmer with a small farming land & livestocks
2. A SME / refugee with their shop/trade license/ ID
3. A Village Sacco Community for their ledger savings without communal dispute.
4. A student certificates.
Any type of asset which needs to be protected to achieve peace & prosperity.
DISC VS will address the need of enabling financial services to the needy who are part of DISC ID & DISC Contracts - This will assist these people to access low level financial services which Banks, Micro Lending, Insurance companies can assess on before serving them with any product. Vulnerable Score will not only assist the beneficiaries and financial institutions but also helps Government agencies to understand the most vulnerable most vulnerable in any given society.
Who are the beneficiaries? (1,000 characters)
1. Our Beneficiaries are Refugees, Internally Displaced People, People with Low income across Africa.
2. Farmers with Drought effected regions in Africa who has farming land as their asset and due to inadequate central title deed they can't access much of financial services as per their needs. only few section of farmers are covered with heavy MNO charges.
3. Low income earning families, who has no sufficient means of accessing financial services and has to rely on Funds where it requires an external intervention to assist them ( for example a mother expecting a child and a labor in coffee estate ) , It requires a Health intervention to get her $5 of medicine for her health and nutritions per month which can be accessed using a micro lending platform but cannot be achieved due to the barriers of credit scoring in the regulatory.
How is your idea unique? (1,000 characters)
Our Idea is simple approach so as unique having a distributed and trusted vulnerability score will improve access to certain services for better livelihoods, Presently Humanitarian agencies, Government agencies have no central ledger which links ID, Assets, Vulnerable score on a single platform.
ZYBA-DISC will work with existing systems in place, Tokenize, Standardize and generate necessary vulnerable scoring as per the metrics of region and conflict not specific to any Agency. This data will help Governments, Agencies, Financial institutions,Community leaders to come up with better strategies and rely on a ledger which is authorised and more standardised and upto date.
DISC will be a prominent tool for many implementing agencies and government institutions to collect data and generate IDS, Contracts, Vulnerable score in open standards and making data more proficient for better decision making purposes.
DISC will be exposing secure APIs for 3rd party financial institutions.
Idea Proposal Stage (choose one)
Initial Design: I am exploring the idea, gathering the inspiration and information I need to test it with real users.
Tell us more about your organization/company (1 sentence and website URL)
We have started our organisation less than a year ago with our focus products in BlockChain, Artificial Intelligence. We are young team who worked in Various NGOs , SafetyNets & FinTech applications in Africa.
If Individual experience of team members are to be considered we are working on social problems for past 9+ Years.
Organization Filing Status
Yes, we are a registered company.
In 3-4 sentences, tell us the inspiration or story that encouraged you to start this project.
As a Young Programmer have coded first eVoucher system for World Food Program through a company in Kenya and Piloted in refugee camps of Daddab & Kakuma. Since then the Idea is appreciated and now it is scaled onto a larger platform called as SCOPE.
Me & My team have worked with commercial entities to reach-out various NGOs across the borders for disbursement programs.
We have decided to have a new innovation to solve the social crisis so we have ZYBA which addresses problem with new tech.
Please explain how your selected topic areas are influenced, in the local context of your project (1,000 characters).
1. Peace is influenced in community identification and disagreements of assets in eastern part of Kenya where there is always a dispute about land and livestock.
2. Prosperity is influenced by services which agencies offer which are short term and dependant on donor funding, thereafter data is kept aside and will never be used
3. Trust is a key element which misses in Communities in Africa for Identification as well as accessing any loans by both financial institutes & community leaders.
4. Asset saving (land, house etc..) is a challenge in Kenya, Uganda where there are no proper digital records.
Who will work alongside your organization in the project idea? (1,000 characters)
As of now DISC is under development for a prototype and we will be engaging a small NGO community group to assess the system
Africa ( Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania , Rwanda, Ethiopia) to start with
How many months are required for the project idea? (500 characters)
Did you submit this idea to our 2017 BridgeBuilder Challenge? (Y/N)