Peace embassy program in FIZI war affected area/DRC
Important contribution is to promote peace, prosperity and development through volunteers' team and by sharing $ 17,300 to the program.
Explain your project idea (2,000 characters)
The peace embassy program is an initiative for community peacebuilding in FIZI district that lead to a greater understanding of the importance and place of conflict in the community and the community become engaged in conflict resolution and disseminate information on peace , and in time no longer supports the idea of war as the only solution for those in opposition. The program is initiated by FEDA ( Femmes et education des adultes)
The Peace Embassy program intends to contributes to peacebuilding through :
• Promoting active participation of civil society, Community as well as local government leaders in promotion of peacebuilding activities , prevention of violence, and peaceful resolution of conflicts.
• Involvement of community leaders in all programs
• Increasing trust and integration between leaders and their communities
• Building capacity and developing skills that will facilitate and form the future leadership within the region
• Encouraging transparency in leadership
• Involving youth and community members in activities that are conductive to peacebuilding and rejection of violence
This through the leadership training for peace, Youth peacebuilders network and chamber for peace.
Through this program,
1. Young people and other project beneficiary allowed to acquire knowledge on various attitudes to violence prevention and the creation of a culture of peace and leadership .
2. Establishment of a permanent dialogue on violence prevention and peace building among youth in their respective communities.
3. Position the youth and other beneficiaries of the project to the front line in education for peace, conflict transformation, and prevention of violence and the creation of a culture of peace
4. Reduce the impact of remarkably violence and brutality and peacefully searching ways of prosperity
5. Establishing a culture of sustainable peace and integrate the culture of non-violent communication as an indispensable tool for peace
Who are the beneficiaries? (1,000 characters)
• 300 Youths, women, local leaders, civil society organisation and representatives of communities for the leadership training for peace as peace catalysts and artisans in the community and villages
• Thousands community members including youths, women,men and community structures ( Organisations, churches, village leaders ...) for youth peacebuilding networks
• Thousands of community members( Individuals, families, tribal and ethnic groups and other groups in conflicts for the chamber of peace activities( Conflicts resolution)
How is your idea unique? (1,000 characters)
Peace program envisages conflict as leading to change; although conflict is not often viewed as a source of dynamism and transformational tool, the program works to help people to understand that 'difference' and how tensions are part of societies, and could be a factor for change
This idea is unique as it creates a culture of peace accompanied by a culture of healing , while at the same time, building the capacity of communities to manage conflicts and transform them into something positive. It utilizes the community engagement to improve access to factual information, reinforce community values of peace and tolerance, support moderate voices to mitigate violence and promote dialogue in communities leading to a greater understanding of the importance and place of conflict in the community ; the community then become engaged in conflict resolution and disseminate information on peace , and in time no longer supports the idea of war as the only solution for those in opposition
Idea Proposal Stage (choose one)
Pilot: I have started to implement the idea as a whole with a first set of real users.
Tell us more about your organization/company (1 sentence and website URL)
FEDA is created on September 8, 2007 as a not for profit registered organisation in FIZI/DRC FEDA aims at social awareness; promoting literacy of women and girls, girls' schooling, self-confidence and personality development; the promotion of gender equality, women's and children's rights, and the social and economic empowerment of women; promoting health and the environment through educational activities; women's participation in decision-making and leadership and the peacebuilding.
Organization Filing Status
Yes, we are a registered non-profit.
In 3-4 sentences, tell us the inspiration or story that encouraged you to start this project.
The consequences of war and conflict are particularly damaging to civilian populations, displacing them within their own state, depriving them of security and stability, and preventing them from achieving self-fulfillment and self-realization. The resulting insecurity and instability that follows from these circumstances – lack of basic needs, harsh surroundings, and oppressive governments – forces many in FIZI District to turn to violence in defense of their right to survive.
Please explain how your selected topic areas are influenced, in the local context of your project (1,000 characters).
Peace is influenced by the war violence, armed conflict and community tensions while the prosperity is impacted by the political unrest, displacement of people, security disorder, lack of freedom and properties rights, illegal detention, summary execution of annoncent people. violence against women Etc... This have direct negative impact on many sectors of economic and social life ( Agriculture, fishing, small business, mining, community mobilizing, income generation activities Etc...).
Who will work alongside your organization in the project idea? (1,000 characters)
The consequences of war and conflict are particularly damaging to civilian populations, displacing them within their own state, depriving them of security and stability, and preventing them from achieving self-fulfillment and self-realization. The resulting insecurity and instability that follows from these circumstances – lack of basic needs, harsh surroundings, and oppressive governments – forces many to turn to violence in defense of their right to survive. These tragic circumstances have increased societal awareness of the need to understand and to prevent the conditions leading to violence
1. Youth community members
2. Local leaders
3. Women and Girls
4. Faith based groups
5. Community and other development organisations locally based
6. Schools and sport clubs
7. The whole community members and other stakeholders.
Please share some of the top strengths identified in the community which your project will serve (500 characters)
1. Community is in need of peace
2. Youths are available to work for peace initiatives and activities
3. Community is ready to contribute to peace-building and development initiatives and project that would boost their social and economic prosperity
4. Community is condemning atrocities, violence and other forms human rights violations
5. The community needs a responsible leadership be established peacefully in rejection of war.
Target are is the whole district of FIZI, South-Kivu province in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
How many months are required for the project idea? (500 characters)
The program is intended to 36 Months( Three years). This for the need of covering and extending the action in all part of the FIZI district from the pilot experience period. The FIZI district is the among the most affected areas by the war in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
Divided in 4 clusters, this 3 years is sufficient to attend all of them in terms of delivering activities and making conducting evaluations.
Did you submit this idea to our 2017 BridgeBuilder Challenge? (Y/N)