InMed is a technology-based social enterprise connecting health professionals to communities
Explain your project idea (2,000 characters)
InMed is a technology-based social enterprise that connects health professionals and health facilities to the community to provide a variety of health services. It is a technology that connects health professionals and health facilities that provides a lot of health services to patients to be treated at home. This is a new initiatives developed by Indonesia Medika as a company concerning in inventing innovative health products and or services, aiming to make a meaningful impact on the Indonesian society by extending the medical treatment and patient care.
Our missions are building an essential relationship in health care between health professionals and patients, connecting health professional and patients to provide health services, providing the ease, convenience, and speed in obtaining health services, changing the culture and ecosystem of health services by optimizing the use of digital technology and enhancing the role, productivity, and competitive advantage of qualified and competent health professionals.
Having said that current existing product/service is huge in terms of quantity, we believe that it is crucial for InMed to stand out in terms of quality and unique offers. To hit the market and spread the delivery, InMed has its own differentiation, as follows:
(1) Connect the patient and the community (2) Increase the productivity and usefulness of health professionals (3) Helping health professionals earn substantial income independently (4) Patient without queuing and without transport (5) Improving recovery through convenience for home care (6) Reduce the risk of transmission in a clinic or hospital (7) Health professionals choose the time of service and patient can select the desired time (8) Enable everyone to access and find out full information of health professionals completely (9) Improve the comfort and the ease of getting healthcare services (10) Save time through immediate service
Who are the beneficiaries? (1,000 characters)
With Homedika, we are targeting every Indonesian people without distinction. Indonesian population is 261,438,987 and 52 million of them use gadgets they have to provide them with information, including to saturate their needs Our venture’s key stakeholders are patients as users, health workers as customers (psychologist, physicians, doctor, midwives, nurses, and nutritionists), drugstore, medical tools, laboratories, and provider for telecommunication.
How is your idea unique? (1,000 characters)
InMed is a platform which allows patients to be treated at home with qualified and well experienced health professionals, to make them feel the benefit from the most comfortable, accurate and suitable services. This program aims to make a meaningful impact on the Indonesian society by extending the medical assistance from health facilities to home. In addition, we also provide other programs and services accommodated in our platform such as:
1) Med-Chat is an InMed service focusing in the online chat service to give information about health issues
2) Med-Call is an InMed feature focusing in the telephone services for consultation about many services provided.
3) Med-Fund is an InMed services focusing crowdfunding activities and financial assistance for peple with poor characteristics..
4) Med-Blood is an InMed service focusing in the updated information provider about blood donors activities.
5) Med-Shop is an InMed services focusing in the e-commerce activities providing health
Idea Proposal Stage (choose one)
Majority Adoption: I have expanded the pilot significantly and the program product or service has been adopted by the majority of our intended user base.
Tell us more about your organization/company (1 sentence and website URL)
InMed is a technology-based social enterprise that connects health professionals and health facilities to the community to provide a variety of health services. Please visit our platform at http://www.homedika.com
This is a new initiatives developed by Indonesia Medika as a company concerning in inventing innovative health products and or services, aiming to make a meaningful impact on the Indonesian society by extending the medical treatment and patient care. http://www.indonesiamedika.com
Organization Filing Status
Yes, we are a registered company.
In 3-4 sentences, tell us the inspiration or story that encouraged you to start this project.
There is a story touched hearted about Muna (55 years) having 4 children; however, 3 of them have passed away caused by lack of funds for medicine. Her father is blind and her mother having reduced memory; in addition, her hushband also has death years ago. This circumstance giving Muna in the deep depression and feeling trapped in the tragic life; furthermore, she feels alone such as nobody can help her problem
Please explain how your selected topic areas are influenced, in the local context of your project (1,000 characters).
InMed is one of the leading health marketplace in Indonesia. It is a technology that connects health professionals and health facilities that provides a lot of health services to patients to be treated at home. This is a new initiatives developed by Indonesia Medika as a company concerning in inventing innovative health products and or services, aiming to make a meaningful impact on the Indonesian society by extending the medical treatment and patient care. We want to change the behavior, culture, and style of health professionals toward their patients to create a new ecosystem of healthcare services and incite them to work more on this essential. We aim thus Indonesian people to feel the difference of the ease, speed, and openness, value it, and make a greater use of our unique healthcare services in a country still on the road to development.
Who will work alongside your organization in the project idea? (1,000 characters)
Our project will be involved with medical professional. Based on the Ministry of Health data of human resource, especially for health workers in 2016, there are 108.752 medical doctors, 1.238 clinical psychologists, 214.447 nurses, 96.313 midwives, 31.904 pharmacists, 41.181 public health experts, 12.897 health environment experts, 14.881 nutritionists/dietitians, 5.165 physical therapist, 18.552 medical technician experts, and 24.092 biomedical technician experts.
We already reached 870 health professionals, 19 health facilities, 611 patients and 233 volunteers in 111 cities. Furthermore, the number of verified health professional has reported about 130 in around 20 cities in Indonesia. During a half year of InMed, we have succeed to give services such as visitation and home treatment in the six different cities: Malang, Surabaya, Jogjakarta, Pasuruan, Semarang, and Jakarta. Now, we focus to maximalize our services in Malang cities.
Please share some of the top strengths identified in the community which your project will serve (500 characters)
1. Indonesian Health Expenditure has an increasing trend during past a decade from 2.8% to 3.3%.
2. Indonesia has around 258 million people, and the number of mobilephone usage is about 91%; meanwhile, about 60% is accounted as the percentage of the usage of smartphone (Inodnesia Digital Landscape).
3. Based on the study revealed by Hootsuite & We Are Social in 2018, A half of total Indonesian people or about 132,7 million is presented as the number of internet active users.
How many months are required for the project idea? (500 characters)
To scale up our business, there are several activities supporting our business over the two next years:
1. Establishing digital platform which is more user friendly both in website and mobile apps.
2. Encouraging marketing and sales activities by online (boosting email, posting promotion tools, social media campaign) and offline tasks.
3. Focusing in metric achievement such as the number of medical professional, patient, cities, transactions)
4. Enhancing financial and social impact.
Did you submit this idea to our 2017 BridgeBuilder Challenge? (Y/N)