Energy and Environment
Making world a better place for coming generations
Explain your project idea (2,000 characters)
Energy and Environment I is designed to develop:
• An understanding of global environmental classifications and bio-diversity
Students are introduced to scientific knowledge regarding bio-diversity, zones, biomes, their physical qualities and features. The course serves as an introduction to factors shaping geography, flora and fauna and its effect on the production of design
• An investigation into culture as a product of environmental concerns
Students are introduced to history, evolution and developments in design practice as influenced by user concerns and cultural practices as determined by environmental factors
• Imparting an understanding of a sustainable design practice sympathetic to environment and user concerns
In addition to providing environmental and user-centric knowledge, the course generates a discourse about sustainable design and identifies examples regarding responsible and sustainable practice in sync with environmental concerns
The course aims to inculcate a holistic understanding of environment and environmental concerns, through scientific and socio-cultural debate.
Course Instructor shall employ:
• Lectures and visual presentations in order to develop understanding and exposure to course content
• Hold class discussions/ group presentations to ensure conceptual and technical clarity
• Investigate course content synergies with design studio to extend/ supplement student learning
At the end of the semester, students are expected to have an understanding of:
• Scientific understanding of environments and their properties
• Relationship between Bio-diversity and the emergence of culture
• Historic and contemporary design practice as a result of environmental and cultural concerns
Proposed Reading Material
• Carson, R., Darling, L., & Darling, L. (1962). Silent spring. Boston: Houghton Mifflin.
• McDonough, W., & Braungart, M. (2009). Cradle to cradle: Remaking the way we make things
Who are the beneficiaries? (1,000 characters)
Beneficiaries are future generations.
How is your idea unique? (1,000 characters)
The unique I’d creating awareness about biodiversity and ecological balance
Idea Proposal Stage (choose one)
Initial Design: I am exploring the idea, gathering the inspiration and information I need to test it with real users.
Tell us more about your organization/company (1 sentence and website URL)
This is a five year program where students get Architecture Degree and are trained about ecology
Organization Filing Status
Yes, we are a registered company.
In 3-4 sentences, tell us the inspiration or story that encouraged you to start this project.
It was basically the damage caused by pollution to environment
Please explain how your selected topic areas are influenced, in the local context of your project (1,000 characters).
The local context need a pollution free environment .
Who will work alongside your organization in the project idea? (1,000 characters)
All collaborative bodies
Please share some of the top strengths identified in the community which your project will serve (500 characters)
All around the globe
How many months are required for the project idea? (500 characters)
Did you submit this idea to our 2017 BridgeBuilder Challenge? (Y/N)