Map People is a pilot project led by the team of Soy Voluntario en Colombia "I'm volunteer in Colombia" that seeks to create multicultural spaces through international volunteers who share their knowledge and culture with young people in public schools. For our pilot we selected a school in Ciudad de Bicentenario, south of Cartagena, Bolivar, Colombia, where we were teachers and we know the nature of that context.
1. Make the call for international volunteers who are or will be passing through the city of Cartagena.
2. International volunteers will have a dynamic of leadership, context and connection with young people.
3. Organize an exhibition of cultural diversity, where each volunteer will share their customs and exchange information with the youth of the school.
4. Feedback to young people: respect and intercultural learning.
5. Feedback to volunteers: respect and contrast, social and cultural reality.
Estimated figures for the pilot test:
Convocation: 3-4 days
Activity (Dynamics, exposure and feedback): one day.
Number of volunteers: 2-4 international volunteers.
Number of students: 20-40 young people, between the ages of ten and sixteen.