What is the problem you are trying to resolve?
How might we improve access to the financial resources small-scale farmers need, when they need them?
For the majority of small-scale farmers, access to financial resources is tenuous at best. They experience cash influxes after crops are harvested and sold at market, but tend to have limited access to capital at crucial moments before growing seasons begin. In this opportunity area, we’re looking for ways to smooth the income of small scale farmers – both to increase their ability to invest in measures that will improve their outputs, but also in the health, education and well being of their families.
Echo cash mobile application: This application has a functionality similar to M-PESA mobile application, popular and some africa's countries.
This application will be installed to basic low cost feature phones or Smartphones. The affiliated clients could sell, save money and earn money without the necessity to have an account bank or credit card, only using the virtual "cash flow" environment.
Also RESOLVE (ONG organization)could monitor the affiliated clients and provide them trainings, help the entrepeneurs with specific requirements and connect entrepreneurs with investors using this virtual system.
It could be combined with KIVA website (HPE entrepeneur/investor website)to receive directly loans from investors which will be inmediately charged to the "virtual profile" of the entrepeneurs in order they invest in their business.
- Local entrepreneurs and investors together through a mobile and portal solution.
- Entrepreneurs could manage their budgets properly.
- Guarantee the investors a solid platform where their money will be well invested.
- Take advantage of a web portal solution to promote their business development plans.
- Secure money.
- Avoid thieves.
- Handle their own money without to go a bank.
- Easy movement of cash.
- It could generate new business for communities.
- Basic or modern phones or tablets
- JAVA ME
- Hybrid Cloud, to maintain secure the "virtual cash" and provide a portal where RESOLVE could monitor the activites.
- HPE Vertica
- HPE Autonomy
- Analytics and Data management
- Machine learning
- Trends and patterns
- Geographical analysis
- Multilanguage recognition
- HTML 5