- Technological viability: Can this concept be developed using existing technological tools and at a relatively low cost, will it work in areas with a limited technology infrastructure?
- Scalability: Is this concept practically applicable across multiple regions without extensive adaptation; will it be pertinent to a wide group of people affected by diverse issues?
- Maintenance and continuation: Is this a concept that could be sustained over a long period of time?
- Usability: Is this concept ‘friendly’ to a diverse range of users, including those with limited literacy and technological skills?
- Awareness raising and information sharing: Does this concept help to raise awareness/educate people on the issues of unlawful detention?
"I work as the campaign manager for Amnesty International's Security with Human Rights campaign and am delighted that we are partnering with OpenIDEO in this exciting challenge."
"Having spent nearly half my life watching digital technology utter its first words, take its first steps, develop friendships, courtships and scoot off to college, it's great to see it graduate to being utilised for social good."
"Happy to contribute from my experience as researcher on Russia - I guess my main value is in terms of identifying the challenges (too many things appear too difficult in Russia, particularly when it comes to human rights) and suggestions that are/aren't likely to have an impact."
"Silence is compliance."