OpenIDEO builds and engages innovative communities around complex challenges. Leveraging technology and IDEO’s design thinking process, we enable people everywhere to address social and environmental issues through open innovation challenges, events, and online collaboration.
To celebrate our most active and collaborative participants, we've introduced a Badging and Credentialing system within Challenges, offered first within our Future of Higher Ed Challenge!
What is the Badging Program?
We're thrilled to be awarding these credentials based on engagement in the Challenge, which we are running in partnership with the U.S. Department of Education.
Whether you are just learning how to get involved, or have been a part of our community for a long time – our various badges honor your contribution and accomplishments within our community of impact! As you earn, you can share your credentials on LinkedIn, your resume, or Facebook and other social networks.
How Does It Work?
Within the Future of Higher Ed Challenge, participants will be eligible for two different types of badges: Collaborator or Contributor.
The Collaborator Track is a journey for innovators who have a passion for helping others become successful in the OpenIDEO community. Through three levels of achievement, we want to celebrate those who welcome feedback, build on each other's ideas, acknowledge the input of others, and share their skills and experience.
The Contributor Track is a journey for design thinkers, entrepreneurs, and thought-leaders to launch an idea or to inspire others to take action. Through three levels of achievement, you’ll grow from being an aspiring thought-leader to becoming an OpenIDEO influencer and an extended member of the OpenIDEO Team.
How Do I Earn a Badge?
To be considered and eligible for a credential, you must have participated in the Future of Higher Ed Challenge before the close of our Ideas Phase, on January 20th. Thinking of an idea is a great start, but ideas need to be shared with others to become real. And – once your idea is in the mix – you'll be able to incorporate feedback from our global community!
Requirements vary depending on each Badge, and reflect your level of experience and engagement within the Challenge. Although requirements are based on numbers, we'll be reviewing contributions for quality as well.
Collaborator Track Criteria:
- To qualify for the Rising Badge in the Collaborator track, you must have been active throughout at least one phase of the Future of Higher Ed Challenge, and have submitted 20-50 comments.
- To qualify for the Star Badge in the Collaborator track, you must have submitted 50-100 comments.
- To qualify for the Top Badge in the Collaborator track, you must have submitted 100+ comments.
Contributor Track Criteria:
- To qualify for the Rising Badge in the Contributor track, you must have been active throughout at least one phase of the Future of Higher Ed Challenge, and have submitted 4-8 Research and/ or Idea posts.
- To qualify for the Star Badge in the Contributor track, you must have submitted 8-12 Research and/ or Idea posts.
- To qualify for the Top Badge in the Contributor track, you must have submitted 12+ Research and/ or Idea posts.
We will announce and award badge recipients at the end of the Ideas phase! We're excited to honor our first cohort of incredible contributors, and can't wait to share the news.
Join us and the rest of the OpenIDEO community in the Future of Higher Ed Challenge!