The OpenIDEO Team are busy cooking up a new challenge which we're hoping to launch during the next month. We're keen to continue our experiment to empower collaborators from our community in helping shape our challenges. So we've got one spot for a switched-on community member, in a voluntary role to work together with us to deepen the OpenIDEO community experience.
We’re asking for four hours of your time per week throughout our next challenge – and you can work from anywhere with an internet connection. We're keen on applications from folks who are experienced at using OpenIDEO and know their way around our awesome community and the platform features which support them. Your input will help our team:
• Encourage community interaction
• Identify themes emerging from our Inspiration phase
• Select ideas towards our Refinement shortlist
As they say, with more power comes more responsibility. In addition to your input at these key points in the process, we'll be asking you to:
• Invite other switched-on folk to join our challenge
• Help our community find connections between ideas to make them stronger
• Write a weekly blog post to highlight our community’s awesome deeds!
• Hold at least one OpenSTORM during the Ideas phase
• Help us encourage transformation from ideas to action and impact
We’ll also be keen to hear other thoughts on how you might help us step things up a notch. And you'll be keeping a record of your progress and suggestions.
Does this sound like you? Do you have eagle eyes for what drives engagement and impact? If so, give us your best 250 words or less in response to each of these questions by Monday 9:00 am PST 3 June, 2013 to apply:
• Why do you think you would be an awesome Challenge Community Champion?
• Tell us about your past experience with using the OpenIDEO platform
• What experience, skills and networks do you have which are relevant to this role?
• What online communities do you belong to?
• Can you provide examples of your writings online?
• How might you decide which inspirations and ideas to feature each week?
• How might you creatively attract new people to join our community?
Don't forget to also include your name, OpenIDEO username, location and email address. Keep in mind that this is a volunteer four hour per week commitment and is an experimental role. Applications are due Monday 3 June, 2013 and the position will kick-off the week of June 10, 2013. Please send you application to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Challenge Community Champion
The application process is now closed. Check out selected Challenge Community Champion, Annie Lin!